Male Sexual Dysfunction
1. Premature Ejaculation
- Definition: Premature ejaculation (PE) is the most common male sexual dysfunction. DSM-5 revised the diagnostic criteria for premature ejaculation as “ejaculate within 1 minute before orgasm when sexual intercourse begins, this symptom lasts for more than six months and causes troubles and frustrations for personal sex life or communication difficulties with partners.
Psychogenic: Psychological stress causes anxiety, what you want to perform is even worse.
Organic: The penis is too sensitive or the ejaculatory reflex is over excited.
Drugs: Take Priligy as oral medication , apply anesthetic for local anesthesia.
Surgery: Dorsal penile nerve block.
Sexual happiness self-aid method: Observe the sensitive parts through the instrument and give desensitization therapy.
- Explanatory video:
2. Erectile Dysfunction
- Definition: Impotence or Erectile Dysfunction (abbreviation: ED) In the case of sexual desire, failed to erect or achieve hard erection to enter the vagina subject to sexual stimulation, resulting in incomplete sexual intercourse.
Psychogenic: Sudden, temporary, unpredictable, tension relationship with sexual partners, anxiety of penis insertion, work stress, and etc.
Organic: Hormonal imbalance, drug-induced, aging, systemic diseases, and etc.
Mixed: Both psychogenic and organic occur at the same time, which is currently more common.
Drugs: Oral medication like Viagra, Cialis, Levitra and etc.
Surgery: Artificial penile implantation and penile vascular reconstruction.
Sexual happiness self-aid method: Learn about erectile status through instrument detection, use aid to promote blood circulation of corpus cavernosum.
3. Ejaculation Disorders
- Definition: Refers to the ejaculation time and ejaculation dysfunction, which can be divided into retarded ejaculation, premature ejaculation, anejaculation, retrograde ejaculation.
(1) Retarded ejaculation (abbreviated as RE): Can be classified as psychological, such as lack of concentration, emotional disturbance, work stress, and etc. as well as physiological such as sympathetic nerve damage, multiple sclerosis, pelvic surgery, diabetes pathology, antidepressants, and etc.
(2) Premature ejaculation (abbreviated as PE): Also known as premature ejaculation. Please refer to the premature ejaculation above.
(3) Anejaculation: There are many causes of anejaculation, the most common of which are central anejaculation and organic anejaculation.
(4) Retrograde ejaculation: Backflow of semen to the bladder during ejaculation can be divided into anatomical abnormalities caused by abnormalities in the bladder neck, and functional abnormalities caused by neuropathy due to diabetes or caused by nerve damage due to retroperitoneal surgery and colorectal surgery.
(1) 延遲射精（Retarded ejaculation，簡稱：RE）：可分為心理性，如感覺不集中、情緒干擾、工作壓力等，生理性為交感神經受損、多重性硬化症、骨盆腔手術、糖尿病病變、抗憂鬱藥物等導致。
(2) 早發性射精（Premature ejaculation，簡稱：PE）：又稱為早洩請參閱上列早發性射精。
(4) 逆行性射精（Retrograde ejaculation）：射精時精液逆流至膀胱可分為解剖構造異常，如膀胱頸異常引起，及功能上異常為糖尿病引起神經病變或後腹腔手術及大腸直腸手術導致神經受損等引起。
- Treatment: Drug treatment is given through multiple tests of urology and psychiatry. If the drug treatment is ineffective, it is more likely to be caused by psychology. It can be improved by sensory concentration training.
4. Low Sexual Drive / Low Libido
Definition and diagnosis: Sexual fantasies for at least 6 months and persistently insufficient sexual desire (or none at all), and the situation causes mild, moderate, and severe distress, also can be divided into:
(1) General: Not limited to a specific pattern of stimuli, situations or sexual partners.
(2) Situational: A stimulus, situation, or sexual partner in a specific pattern.
(3) Lifetime: Distress occurs when an individual has sex.
(4) Acquired: Distress occurs after a period of relatively normal sexual function.
- Treatment: Check the physical condition and take the medicine as needed. If it is not a physiological factor, you should consider the psychological effects, such as: performance anxiety, life pressure, and etc. to find the solutions.